Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap on Android

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:26:16 -0600

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:16:54PM +0200, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
On 06/30/2010 04:19 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak wrote:
Hello!

I've just successfully cross compiled nmap 5.30beta1 for Android as I
did not see any version for android newer than 4.0.

New version:
http://ftp.linux.hr/android/nmap/nmap-5.30BETA1-ssl-android-bin.tar.bz2

What's new?
- compiled with OpenSSL
- with nping and ncat

Instructions are same: Extract tar.bz2 arhchive to /sd-ext/opt/ directory.

Same note applies:
* if you want to use all features - use rooted phone
(i guess everyone who have android on this list have already done that :) -
* tested on G1 (cyagenomod)
* sometimes there's no output due to davlik's stdout/stderr handling,
use -oA and --log-errors options ALWAYS when starting scan - and even
calling something like --iflist (anyone aware how can this be fixed?

I was talking with a developer named Luke Jeter who tried this on a
non-rooted, non-Cyanogen phone. It would run and how the usage output,
but trying to use any options would make the program quit without any
output. Maybe he can comment more about it.

Can you post cross-compiling instructions? What does someone need in
order to build it? Just the Android SDK?

David Fifield