Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Current SVN fails to build / link on CentOS 5.5

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:34:21 -0600

On 2010-08-18, at 7:49 PM, David Fifield wrote:

http://www.openssl.org/news/changelog.html seems to be wrong in claiming
that it was introduced in 1.0.0a. I have 0.9.8k and it works for me. I
checked the CHANGES file in the distribution and it says that the
function was introduced in 0.9.8f.

Interesting. I had tried compiling against 0.9.8o and I had the same
failure, but maybe I overlooked something. Is your 0.9.8k vanilla or
distro-specific? Just wondering if some patches got backported in some
distros.

It's nothing special, compiled by me from the distributed source.

If you try configuring Nsock with r19882, you will see one of the
messages

checking for SSL_set_tlsext_host_name... yes
checking for SSL_set_tlsext_host_name... no

That will tell you if it's being found correctly.

David Fifield