Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: status report #5 of 15

From: kirubakaran S <kirubakaran1989 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:17:50 +0530

David Fifield wrote:
Don't forget, I want you to design a stripped-down interface that has
roughly the capabilities of your Python program. This is what the first
iteration of the GUI will look like in about two weeks, if all goes
according to plan.

   Do I need to design standalone interface independently with PyGTK or
something
like modifying zenmap PyGTK code.?

Doing a separate command-line program to collect script metadata is my
idea to reduce risk. You can continue making progress with that
algorithmic code in case the GUI programming poses difficulties.
Ideally, your code will be generic enough that we can drop it into the
GUI module when that's ready.

  I have started adding methods to obtain each script metadata and store
this metadata
in the dictionary along with filename and category. So an entry will look
like
<filename,category,description,author,license,arguments,URL>. separating
this into
different module will also be easy.

Do you think this is a good idea, to design this interface in PyGTK?

 To my knowledge PyGTK will be easy and flexible.I think It is enough to
design this interface

--
cheers
Kirubakaran.S