Nmap Development mailing list archives

status report #5 of 15

From: kirubakaran S <kirubakaran1989 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:28:41 +0530

Hi,
  I really started coding this week after analysis of
other similar works.Understood Design plays an important
before getting into code

Accomplishments:

* reviewed OpenVAS client that deploys plugins which
is very similar to nmap scripts.
* Got some ideas from OPenVAS like filtering feature for scripts,
check box for each script and added to my Interface.
* Finalised the mock up interface.
* Identified the design part that I should start with coding.
* coded Parsescriptdb.py that parses script.db file and prints
the script names along with category.

priorities:
* Design issues regarding Obtaining script metadata
* To code a python program that extracts script metadata from
script.

--
Kirubakaran.S