Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Check for MS06-025 vulnerability in Microsoft RRAS service

From: Dražen Popović <drazen.popovic () fer hr>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 04:24:22 +0200

On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 00:51 +0000, Richard Miles wrote:
Hi

It can't be checked without credentials? I mean, in a unsafe way?

According to the available documentation and the default configuration
of Windows boxes I've tested credentials are required. So no.

But there were claims that WinXP SP1 allows access to this service
without credentials (I haven't checked that).

There is a metasploit exploit for it?

Yes, two actually. One is more complicated than the other but they both
target the same vulnerability.

modules/exploit/windows/smb/ms06_025_rras.rb

Regards,
Dražen.

--
Laboratory for Systems and Signals
Department of Electronic Systems and Information Processing