Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Check for MS06-025 vulnerability in Microsoft RRAS service

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 07:48:28 -0500

On Sat, 29 May 2010 04:24:22 +0200 Dražen Popović
<drazen.popovic () fer hr> wrote:
Yes, two actually. One is more complicated than the other but they
both target the same vulnerability.

modules/exploit/windows/smb/ms06_025_rras.rb

Regards,
Dražen.
Does Metasploit require authentication?

If not, can the Metasploit module be adapted, with the correct shellcode, to serving as a scanner? My understanding is
that Nessus, when it is unable to check for a patch stably, will run an actual exploit that sets a certain variable
that it can access to a key value, then checks that value.

If that's something that's do-able, and you just need the proper shellcode, let me know -- I like writing shellcode. :)

We should maybe consider something like that for MS08-067, too -- our current check sucks because it still breaks
stuff.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org