Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Feature request: scanning an AS

From: Oliver Day <oliver.day () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:24:07 -0430

OP here.  I've been gathering the CIDR blocks announced for AS blocks
from fixedorbit and robtex and dumping them into a text file then
using the -iL swtich.  I was told recently about a service at
shadowserver.org that does this in a cleaner way:

zero@day:~$ whois -h asn.shadowserver.org prefix 21844 > THEPLANET_IPS

More information is here:
http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/Services/IP-BGP

As far as I can tell they are just copying BGP routing tables into a
db and wrapping an interface around it.  I'm not sure how easy it
would be to bake that into nmap though since the tables are large and
change often.

I'm really happy that the idea is being considered though!