Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSEDoc @output for auth-spoof.nse

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 05:33:18 +0100

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:44 PM, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
Diman,

Can you send me an example of the output of the auth-spoof script? (It
used to be called ircZombieTest.) I'm trying to make all the scripts
have a proper @output section in the documentation.

David Fifield

that script is unlikely to produce any output. somebody has changed it
to use the comm lib which seems to not work as expected ;)

I simulate an identd spoofer like this:

Aristoteles:~ diman$ echo foo | sudo nc -l 113

then I use banner.nse - which is technically a glorified version of
auth-spoof (I used it because unlike auth-spoof it has some debug info
around the comm.get_banner call) and get this error:

NSE: ./scripts/banner.nse failed for 127.0.0.1 on tcp port 113.
Message: No Message.

just on a side note, if I don't have lua 5.1 installed on my machine
./configure && make fails with

g++ -Lnbase -Lnsock/src/   -o nmap main.o nmap.o targets.o tcpip.o
nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o osscan.o osscan2.o output.o payload.o
scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o services.o protocols.o nmap_rpc.o
portlist.o NmapOps.o TargetGroup.o Target.o FingerPrintResults.o
service_scan.o NmapOutputTable.o MACLookup.o nmap_tty.o nmap_dns.o
traceroute.o portreasons.o   -lnbase -lnsock -lpcre -lpcap -lssl
-lcrypto libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/libdnet.a  -lm
Undefined symbols:
  "ScriptResult::get_id() const", referenced from:
      formatScriptOutput(ScriptResult)       in output.o
      printportoutput(Target*, PortList*)    in output.o
      printhostscriptresults(Target*)     in output.o
  "ScriptResult::get_output() const", referenced from:
      formatScriptOutput(ScriptResult)       in output.o
      printportoutput(Target*, PortList*)    in output.o
      printhostscriptresults(Target*)     in output.o
  "open_nse()", referenced from:
      nmap_main(int, char**)in nmap.o
  "close_nse()", referenced from:
      nmap_free_mem()     in nmap.o
  "script_updatedb()", referenced from:
      nmap_main(int, char**)in nmap.o
  "script_scan(std::vector<Target*, std::allocator<Target*> >&)",
referenced from:
      nmap_main(int, char**)in nmap.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

it fails because the nse sources aren't built but are still
referenced. if I compile with --with-liblua=included everything works
fine. But IMHO liblua not present in the sys install should not
produce a linker error especially since the configure script correctly
recognises that lua is not present and tries to turn off its usage.
That condition is present in stable, beta and svn sources.

Diman