Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap SoC Ideas?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:22:58 -0700

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 04:10:07PM -0800, Fyodor wrote:
We're even willing to consider separate applications as long as they
fit with the rest of the Nmap suite.  After all, the latest SVN
version of Nmap now offers 5 utilities: Nmap, Zenmap, Ndiff, Ncat, and
(alpha version) Nping!  Plus we have the (alpha) Ncrack distributed
from http://nmap.org/ncrack/.

So let's hear your ideas!  I also welcome comments on the existing
projects listed on the page.  Remember that even the best students are
only as good (or at least as useful to the project) as the tasks we
put them to.

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing on this thread!  I've
seen many great ideas, and I'm planning to update the ideas page
accordingly.  You can keep those ideas coming!

Also, I'm happy to announce that Google has accepted Nmap as a SoC
2010 project!  So we will be doing it for sure this year.  The next
step will be recruiting talented students to perform these tasks we've
devised.

Cheers,
Fyodor