Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: BUG: resume for Host without open ports and failed reverse DNS lookup fails

From: vladz <vladz () devzero fr>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 23:52:59 +0100

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 04:48:54PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 01:39:13AM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
I noticed that --resume fails if the last scanned host produces a
log
line like:
[...]
I might come up with a patch some other day, but since I am not an
expert in C,
maybe you can.

Thanks. I looked at the resume code and it's kind of tricky. If you
some
up with a patch we'd appreciate seeing it.

Another bug with the "--resume" option is that the Nmap header has
recently changed from string "Interesting port on" to "Nmap scan report
for" (release r15916), so it seems that this option just can't work
with normal output files (generated with "-oN"), nevertheless it is
still working fine with grepable output files (-oG).

I am currently making a patch for this and at the same time for the bug
reported by Till. I will probably sent it tomorrow.

Regards,
vladz.