Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: False positives on antivirus

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 15:41:30 -0700

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 03:49:20PM -0600, Ron wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:47:45 -0700 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
Ron, I need your advice about something. What is the best way to make
the message be printed in verbose mode (not require debugging)? The
debugging() < 1 check is hard-coded in stdnse.format_output, and I can't
find a good way to return an error message from get_config such that it
can be handled specially.

That's a very good question. Let me think about it.

I sidestepped the problem by pulling the nmap_service.exe detection out
of get_config and just handling the error separately.

David Fifield