Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Latest dist v5.2

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:20:42 -0600

Does the tool have to be PsExec by Sysinternals? I believe there are a few
open source PsExec clones floating around the net like
RCE<http://sourceforge.net/projects/rce/>.
If it's open source there should be no problem with it getting flagged by
AV.

If you guys do end up encrypting Psexec would you think OpenSSL is a little
overkill? TEA (Tiny Encryption Algorithm) is smaller faster but weaker, but
all your doing is just obfuscating the executable. Best of all it's not
patented.

It isn't _actually_ Psexec -- I wouldn't be able to use Psexec due to licensing (last thing we want is Microsoft-owned
code in Nmap :) ). nmap_service.exe is a tool I wrote. Microsoft's Psexec doesn't upload a service, but that's because
it can only run a single program at once.

The best part about using OpenSSL is that we already have OpenSSL libraries in Nmap, and OpenSSL is already being used
for authentication (Lanman + NTLM use DES + MD4 from OpenSSL).

Ron
--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org