Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Latest dist v5.2

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:21:51 -0600

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:16:11 -0800
Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
1) The "nuke it from orbit" approach, where we just use OpenSSL to
encrypt the whole @#$#@ file with some symmetric algorithm and a fixed
key.  This would require that the user have an OpenSSL-enabled Nmap to
use it, but I imagine that the vast majority of Nmap installs have
OpenSSL these days.  Or I suppose we could do a double-obfuscation of
prepending a NUL *and* doing a word-width XOR or a stream XOR against
a generated sequence.  We might want to remove the .exe extension too.

Actually, that's a great idea!

You can't get to that point without OpenSSL anyways. You can't authenticate to smb without it, and you can't run this
script without authenticating to smb.

I won't be able to write that today, though, but I Can probably do it tomorrow.