Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap SoC Ideas?

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 17:59:42 -0500

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:53:04 -0700 Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:
o [NSE] Maybe we should create a class of scripts which only run one
  time per scan, similar to auxiliary modules in Metasploit. We
  already have script classes which run once per port and once per
  host. For example, the once-per-scan class might be useful for
  broadcasted scripts such as NetBIOS, DHCP, etc.  We will of course
  need to have at least one such script to start out with. (suggested
  by Ron Bowes at http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q1/883).

If I can write two scripts of that type pretty easily when the time comes -- DHCP and NetBIOS. Can anybody suggest
other broadcast protocols?

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org