Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap Target - Still cant fix it !

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 17:38:59 -0700

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 09:21:55AM +0800, Mike E-Wire Mail wrote:
Recently I raised an issue about clearing Zenmap target history.
The very quick reply sounded fine and I deleted the relevant file.
Unfortunately this didnt fix the problem so I assumed that Zenmap was
getting its history from elsewhere. As I couldnt find another likely
file I unistalled both NMap and Zenmap - a simple task.
After reinstalling both I assumed all would be fixed. It wasnt !!! The
same long list appears.
So where does Zenmap really get its info from ?
Any help would be good. Thanks

target_list.txt is the only place Zenmap stores is list of targets. Try
searching for any any other copies of that file. The one you deleted
might have been in a directory of a previous installation or something.

If you're running as root on Unix you have to delete
/root/.zenmap/target_list.txt, not the one in your normal user's home
directory.

David Fifield