Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [RFC] Detect certain Citrix application browsing services

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:50:20 -0700

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 01:56:05PM -0600, Thomas Buchanan wrote:
David Fifield wrote:
Okay. We can document that the payload comes from a packet capture of
Program Neighborhood's broadcast. I committed the nmap-service-probes
patch. Please make an updated patch for payload.cc that has
documentation on where the packet comes from (packet capture of Program
Neighborhood) and what is expected in reply. Because we still don't know
much about the reply packet, I want you to include it in its entirety in
a comment, with Xs or something to mark the bytes that tend to differ.
Or if the replies are completely different after the first 14 bytes,
just include the first 14 bytes and say that everything else is
different.

Here is an updated patch as requested.  As I was putting it together, I
noticed that a couple of the fields in the response packets are IP
addresses, one for the Citrix server the response comes from, and a
second field that appears to be the address of the primary system in a
cluster farm.  However, what this means that the match line I submitted
earlier isn't quite right.  It would match all Citrix servers that are
in 192.168.*.* address space, but nothing else.  So the match line in
nmap-service-probes should be shortened to the first 12 bytes, or else a
capture could be added to extract the IP address.  I'm not sure if
that's possible, my regex skills are very limited.

Thanks, Thomas, for following up on this. I applied your patch and also
removed that last two bytes from the service probe match line.

David Fifield