Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Contributing to Nmap development

From: ithilgore <ithilgore.ryu.l () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:03:13 +0300

Henri Salo wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:18:26 +0530
Ravipriya Thushara <rthushara () gmail com> wrote:

Dear sir,

       I'm a undergraduate student from University of Moratuwa, Sri
Lanka. Im studying in my 3rd academic year (I'm studying a 4 year
degree program on Computer Science and Engineering). In this academic
year I have to join to an open source project and contribute to it
for 12 weeks. I can choose any open source project based on my
interest. My instructors will evaluate my work at the end.
       I'm interested lot in computer and network security and I'm
hoping to do my project related on that. So I think Nmap is a great
place to join and work with. But I want some help from you to
understand the current development status of Nmap and what you are
expecting to do. I have considerable amount of knowledge on Computer
security and Networking. Also I'm CCNA certified recently. I have
being using Nmap for about 6 months. I'm experienced in C/C++
programming too. So please  send me some help me with some starting
points to start with. Thank you.
         Ravipriya Thushara.

http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2008/q1/0042.html "How to start reading
the Nmap source code"
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2007/q2/0173.html "Design of Nmap"
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q1/0566.html "Getting started with
Nmap development"

---
Henri Salo

I would also add:

* http://www.bamsoftware.com/wiki/Nmap/HomePage
David Fifield's excellent notes on Nmap.

* http://sock-raw.org/nmap-ncrack.html
Some of my own notes.

-- ithilgore