Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: NSE PJL proof of concept

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:31:14 -0700

If there's a PJL command to remove a custom message and restore the
printer's default, I think that would make a good default behavior.
Not precisely but as HP printers default to "READY" as their message, you can send @PJL RDYMSG DISPLAY ="READY" as the
default.

$nmap -p9100 --script-trace --script-args msg="longtest message" --script=./hptelnet3.nse printerip

I bet you can make this work with

$nmap -p9100 --script-trace --script-args 'msg="longtest message"' --script=./hptelnet3.nse printerip

Right you are again! That worked!!

The problem is that the shell is removing the double quotes before NSE
can see them.

However I do think that syntax like this should be supported:

--script-args 'msg=longtest message'

Funny
you use that format because when Fyodor wrote his original reply to my
message back in February he used precisely this format and it doesn't
work just as you say. (When I post my final script, I intend to do so
as a reply to that thread, you will see his sample command there)

I'll keep plugging away and see if I can get the no argument thing to send a default message to the printer...I'm
almost there!
-Aaron