Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: NSE PJL proof of concept

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:14:16 -0700

Are you remembering to end each command with "\r\n"? That's all I can
think of. If it works in Ncat there's no reason it shouldn't work in
NSE.

Yes. I am sending the same probe regardless of the specified target. I still can't figure out why the 5si doesn't seem
to respond to NSE when it does respond to the same probe from ncat.

As for parsing, try something like this:

local msg
local line
for line in response:gmatch(".-\n") do
      local msg = line:match("^DISPLAY=\"(.*)\"")
      if msg then
              break
      end
end
-- Here msg will be the DISPLAY message or nil if not found.

I'll play w/ that. Thanks. I had cobbled together a string parser of my own but it is not nearly this elegant.