Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE PJL proof of concept

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 23:51:17 -0700

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:24:06PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:16:43AM -0700, Aaron Leininger wrote:
However I do think that syntax like this should be supported:

--script-args 'msg=longtest message'

That is, I don't see a downside to allowing whitespace as part of a
string without quoting.

Neither do I.  Unless someone comes up with a reason not to, I think
we should support this.  Accordingly I'm adding this entry to the Nmap
TODO:

o [NSE] Allow spaces in script arguments without the user having to
  manually quote them (beyond normal shell escape quoting).  See:
  http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q3/0090.html

Cheers,
-F