Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Ncrack on exotic Windows-land

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () everythingeverything co uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:18:23 +0100

That's rather disappointing, as I can reliably reproduce it on an XP SP3
host.

I very (and I mean very) briefly tested it on Windows Server 2003 SP2,
Windows Vista SP2 and Windows Server 2008 SP2 with the Windows Firewall
enabled and I couldn't reproduce it on those platforms. At least XP is only
in extended support now.

If we're getting picky, I'd love to see Microsoft solve the old problem of
false open ports with connect scans too:
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2006/q3/0135.html

I suppose the workaround is don't have the Windows Firewall on when using
Nmap/Ncrack/other pentesting tools :(

Rob