Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for testers: Nping 0.1BETA1 Released.

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 23:53:50 +0300

I'm mostly interested in default behavior, so I ran nping by giving it
nothing, except a host name. It seems to attempt doing 10 tcp
connections to port 80 on the target host. Now, I assume tcp
connections were chosen because they do not require root privileges.
The problem following from this design choice, that not every computer
has port 80 open. Is there anything we could do to work around the
issue?