Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMAP v5 on Solaris 9 x86 can't open/find interface

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:41:55 -0600

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 02:26:49PM -0600, Joseph S. Dietz, Jr. wrote:
I am having issues with NMAP for the past few versions...
I keep hoping this gets fixed?

#nmap --iflist
Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-07-21 08:06 MDT
Warning: Unable to open interface e1000g0 -- skipping it.
Warning: Unable to open interface e1000g0 -- skipping it.
************************INTERFACES************************
DEV (SHORT) IP/MASK     TYPE     UP MAC
lo0 (lo0)   127.0.0.1/8 loopback up

WARNING: Unable to find appropriate interface for system route to A.B.C.122
WARNING: Unable to find appropriate interface for system route to A.B.C.121
WARNING: Unable to find appropriate interface for system route to A.B.C.126
DST/MASK     DEV GATEWAY
127.0.0.1/32 lo0 127.0.0.1

More details below...
Please let me know what additional information I can provide.

You say that this has been a problem for the last few versions. Do you
know of a version that did not have this problem?

David Fifield