Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap problem

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:39:44 -0600

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 09:31:49PM +0200, giampaolo giacopelli wrote:
I have a Windows XP 64 bit s.p.2 and when I try to execute nmap,
I have a crash.

This is the message:

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-07-23 20:38 W. Europe
Daylight Time
NSE: Loaded 30 scripts for scanning.
Initiating ARP Ping Scan at 20:38
Scanning 36.238.61.126 [1 port]
Completed ARP Ping Scan at 20:38, 0.08s elapsed (1 total hosts)
Socket troubles: No such file or directory
Assertion failed: nse->iod->sd >= 0, file .\src\nsock_core.c, line 1065

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

I have seen the "No such file or directory" error when trying to send
packets to an unsual address like a broadcast address or one that ends
in .0. It appears that the error happened during DNS resolution.

Try running these two commands and send the output:

nmap -d -n 36.238.61.126
nmap -d --packet-trace 36.238.61.126

David Fifield