Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Exporting Topology

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:46:24 -0600

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:03:13PM -0700, Patrick Lui wrote:
I'm looking for a way to find all the  network devices.  I understand
that nmap can do this but what I want  to get also is the
associations/relationships between the devices. For example, if it
finds a router/switch, it can tell me which devices  are connected to
it.  This is similar to the Topology view in Zenmap but is there a way
to export it as text?

I don't understand what you are looking for. To find the devices and
network connections through a router you will have to traceroute the
devices directly. What kind of text output are you looking for? Nmap's
--traceroute output contains all the information in the topology view.

David Fifield