Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Google/Nmap SoC 2009 Project Ideas?

From: fred <kbcboy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:34:16 -0400

A day late ... for what it's worth

Feature requests that might be implemented in nmap ...
1) I'd like to be able to extract the map nmap creates in zenmap.  Or
maybe have a new -oM (output Map)
Possibly tie in Graphiz code http://www.graphviz.org/Gallery.php
similar to what's been done with scapy
Maybe that's already there and I'm just not using it right ...
There are a ton of things that can be done with the scripting language and snmp

2) snmp-os-discovery - snmp should be able to give almost 100%
accuracy of the os if snmp is available

3) snmp-tftp-router-config
--script snmp-tftp-router-config --script-args=tftpserver=<TFTP server
IP>,community=<SNMP Community String>

See perl script that does this:
http://littlehacker.persiangig.com/cisco/copy-router-config.pl (it's
also on backtrack)
It uses the perl mod Cisco::Copyconfig which is well documented CPAN module
Cisco::Copyconfig get's it's inspiration from Cisco:
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/paws/15217/copy_configs_snmp.pdf

    - extra credit - ability to spoof udp snmp requesting IP address
to bypass ACL
      http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1847
    - - extra extra credit - have a script / option to merge a config
on a tftp server with a running config on router
        (say to have an extra access-list or a backup admin)

4) snmp-detect-multi-homed
Detect systems with multiple interfaces and print out ip addresses using snmp

5) This one is tricky ... I'd like to be able to scan with nmap my
network to see if any multi-homed systems allow me to route traffic
through them.
something like --script backchannel-detection.nse --script-args
external-address=<IP address of an external reachable system> and then
have nmap send out a specially crafted signature that I can detect on
that external system.  And find backdoors on my network.

6) snmp users enumeration

7) snmp software listing (patch levels etc)

All the snmp stuff shouldn't be too hard as it's just knowing the
right OID's to query.

8) rdp-os-detection  - might take some research here to see what
differentiates a 2k from 2k3 over rdp

9) rusers.nse  print out users logged in on hosts running rusers

10) nfs exports enumeration - output of 'showmount -e' on unix
exported filesystems
      - would you implement this similar to some probes by capturing
the request in wireshark and recreating it ?