Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Mac OS X: failed to determine route

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:19:14 -0700

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:45:25AM -0500, Dion Stempfley wrote:
I did a search but didn't find anything that exactly relates to my
problem.  Please forgive if this has been addressed in the past.

I am testing nmap 4.76 on my Macbook Air and I noticed an interesting
problem.  When I initially scan using root, I get an error.  If I run
the same command as a user and then try again as root it succeeds.  Any
thoughts on the inconsistency?

Please send the output of "netstat -rn" in both cases: in the first
place where you can't scan as root, and then after you've run a non-root
scan and root scans work again.

David Fifield