Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.75 -- make error

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:34:55 -0600

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 09:58:39PM -0700, Aaron Leininger wrote:
Tried to compile nmap 4.75 on my home server running Debian and got the following during make:
make: *** No rule to make target `libdnet-stripped/Makefile', needed by `dnet_build'.  Stop.

I was able to build 4.75 against debian on a work box just fine. What would generate this error?

Try running configure again. Or enter the libdnet-stripped directory and
turn ./config.status if you configured already.

Makefile is created from Makefile.in by configure. It must have gotten
deleted somehow.

David Fifield