Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: bug message in zenmapGUI in version 4.75

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:48:36 -0600

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 03:59:10PM +0200, Toralf Förster wrote:
I get this :

tfoerste@n22 ~/tmp $ zenmap n22.usr
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zenmapGUI/higwidgets/higboxes.py:35:
GtkWarning: gtk_box_pack_start: assertion `child->parent == NULL' failed
  self.pack_start(widget, expand=False, fill=False)
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound
method RecentScans.__del__ of <zenmapCore.RecentScans.RecentScans object at
0x906940c>> ignored
Exception exceptions.TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable" in <bound
method TargetList.__del__ of <zenmapCore.TargetList.TargetList object at
0x8c4846c>> ignored

after doing the following steps:

1. start zenmap with the given file (attached) as a normal user
2. click at "Services"
3. click at "http" (GtkWarning appears)
4. Scan -> Quit (2 more Exceptions)

Thanks for the excellent bug report.

I solved the GtkWarning you mentioned. It happened because one host was
running the same service on two different ports: http and ssl/http. The
interface was trying to add the same host to a display twice.

But I can't reproduce the other two exeptions you mention. They seem to
have to do with the lists of recent scans and targets, which are stored
in ~/.zenmap/recent_scans.txt and ~/.zenmap/target_list.txt. Make a coyp
of those files, then delete them and see if you still get the exception.
If it goes away, then please send me the copies so I can see what might
be wrong.

David Fifield