Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Terminating active scan Prototypes

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 22:18:03 -0600

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 11:35:37AM +0100, jah wrote:
On 06/06/2008 03:29, Jurand Nogiec wrote:
Both solutions: Add an icon to Scan button to make it stand out.
Solution A: Add a cancel scan button to each tab.
Solution B: Have a distinct "Cancel" button in each tab, and an "Abort
All Scans" button to stop all scans.
Hi Jurand,

Solution B looks much better than A.
Having both "close tab" and "cancel scan" icons on a tab doesn't look
pretty in solution A.
I wonder if the "Scan" and "Cancel" buttons could be combined into one
button in solution B.

I agree with this. The "Scan" button could turn into a "Cancel" button
while the scan is running, and turn back into a "Scan" button when the
scan is finished or is canceled.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd ever use "Abort All Scans" unless I was
quitting zenmap in which case I'd hope that the scans were terminated
when closing the window, maybe others would find it useful though.

Yes, "Abort All Scans" seems unnecessary.

David Fifield