Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Sending HEX to a socket in a NSE script

From: "Eddie Bell" <ejlbell () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:50:07 +0100

Lua doesn't natively support hex strings but you could send it in decimal form

FF FF FF would be '\255\255\255'

- eddie

2008/6/6 Tom Sellers <nmap () fadedcode net>:
I am working on writing two NSE scripts to detect the versions
of DB2 and Oracle.  As I cannot seem to find decent documentation
for either I have been working with packet captures.  While I am
familiar with send hex within normal nmap probe, I am not so sure
when it comes to lua.

Does anyone have any pointers on this?  I am not looking for anything
detailed, just one or two lines sending something as simple as FF FF FF.

Thanks much,

Tom