Nmap Development mailing list archives

Autoconf

From: Christopher Owen <chris.owen () consault com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 00:58:44 -0700

When compiling nmap on OSX Leopard, I noticed some errors in the ./
configure output.

    rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory

Searching around this is definitely a bug in autoconf on Leopard that
is fixed in the latest 2.62 release.  nmap currently uses autoconf
2.13, which was released in '99.

This error seems to be innocuous as a working nmap binary will still
be compiled; however, I wonder if this autoconf bug exists could
others?  Are there other benefits to using a later release of autoconf?

Would there be any interest in having the autoconf version used
updated?  Is there anyone working on this already?

  Christopher Owen
  e: chris.owen () consault com
  c: 778-997-9265
  p: 800-636-8508

  -----

  Exploit Lab Dojo at EusecWest 2008 in London, May 19,20th.
  www.eusecwest.com