Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New Years Day Release: Nmap 4.52

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:58:23 -0800

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 05:43:47PM -0000, Rob Nicholls wrote:

http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Validating_$INSTDIR_before_uninstall

I've currently gone for a copy and paste of the code in the above example
into two places; it's probably worth rewriting back into a macro at some
point to save a few lines.

Yeah, a macro would probably be better.

I've also discovered another quirk, it turns out that uninstalling Nmap
doesn't remove the shortcuts on Vista. It turns out that:

Good catch!

(they probably do), but I noticed that the current binaries on the site
use NSIS 2.13 (which is almost a year old now). I'm using 2.33 here and it
appears to work fine.

OK, I've upgraded to 2.34 for future releases.

Thanks for your patch!  The Windows installer isn't the sexyest Nmap
work, but it is some of the most important!  Many people judge
programs by the installer polish, and that is even more true when
installer bugs prevent the program from working correctly.

I've applied your patch and it seems to work on my systems.  I'll
release Nmap 4.53 very soon so more people can test this (and other
recent changes) out.

Cheers,
Fyodor