Nmap Development mailing list archives

New Years Day Release: Nmap 4.52

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:39:33 -0800

Hi All.  Happy new year!  To celebrate, I'm pleased to release Nmap
4.52, which contains the 4.51BETA changes plus some other goodies.
You can obtain it from the Nmap download page:

http://insecure.org/nmap/download.html

Here are the changes since 4.51BETA:

o Fixed Nmap Winpcap installer to use CurrentVersion registry key on
  Windows rather than VersionNumber to more reliably detect Vista
  machines.  This should prevent the XP version of Packet.dll from
  being installed on Vista. [Rob Nicholls]

o The Nmap Scripting Engine (NSE) now supports run-time interaction
  and the Nmap --host-timeout option. [Doug]

o Added nmap.fetchfile() function for scripts so they can easily find
  Nmap's nmap-* data files (such as the OS/version detection DBs, port
  number mapping, etc.) [Kris]

o Updated rpcinfo.nse to use nmap.fetchfile() to read from nmap-rpc
  instead of having a huge table of RPC numbers.  This reduced the
  script's size by nearly 75%. [Kris]

o Fixed multiple NSE scripts that weren't always properly closing their
  sockets.  The error message was:
  "bad argument #1 to 'close' (nsock expected, got no value)" [Kris]

o Added a new version detection probe for the Trend Micro OfficeScan
  product line. [Tom Sellers, Doug]

Enjoy!  And let us know if you find any problems.  I'll probably
announce it to nmap-hackers in a few days if no show-stopper bugs are
discovered.

Cheers,
-F