Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: New Years Day Release: Nmap 4.52

From: Ron <ronlists () skullsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 15:08:43 -0600

That's no fun! It's not that I really WANT to run 9x, I just like having
a handy VMWare image for each Windows version, just in case something
comes up.

There's no way I'm going to buy it for that, though.

Rob Nicholls wrote:
AFAIK Windows Me isn't available through TechNet or MSDN (I can't remember
exactly when they pulled Windows 2000 from there, but it's been gone for a
while too). Unless you already have a copy, you may have to resort to
somewhere like eBay to legally obtain it (even then, some of them don't look
too legal to me). You can still find people selling it on sites like Amazon
too, but it appears to be a bit expensive there. Would now be a good time to
also point out that Microsoft stopped supporting NT4 three years ago? ;)

With Windows 2000 in Extended Support until 2010, it'd be good to continue
supporting it, plus there's not much difference between 2000 and XP. I'll
see if I can dig out my old 98/98SE/Me/NT4 CDs at the weekend and check if
Nmap still works on any of them (unless someone beats me to it).

Rob