Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap accepted into Google SoC '08

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:35:30 -0700

I'm happy to report that Nmap was accepted for Google SoC sponsorship
for the fourth year!  I have also updated our ideas page based on
feedback many of you sent to the list:

http://nmap.org/GoogleGrants.html

More ideas or discussion of the existing ones are always welcome.
What is even more welcome is if you help spread the word to people you
might know and forums you might visit about Nmap SoC.  I've already
been shamelessly plugging us on Slashdot:

http://developers.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=490744&cid=22780558

Also, if someone here really wants to be a mentor, let me know.  But
we're very selective in choosing mentors because we'll only have a
handful.  At a minimum, you should already be credited in the Nmap
changelog somewhere and you should also have an idea of what
project(s) you want to mentor.

Cheers,
-F