Nmap Development mailing list archives

ftp on windows

From: swapna prasad <swapna_prasad () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 02:06:38 +0000

 Hi All,  There is a line in nmap_service_probe file   # This lame version doesn't give a version number
  # Windows 2003
    match ftp m/^220[ -]Microsoft FTP Service\r\n/ p/Microsoft ftpd/ o/Windows/  The comment says Windows 2003 but the
o/ tag says windows. Does it mean it identifies windows 2003(100%) or it identifies just windows. The reason being when
I connect to Windows 2003 and Windows XP machine to its ftp port I get the same result. I have not tried on other
Windows OSes. Can someone please clarify.   ThanksS