Nmap Development mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: swapna prasad <swapna_prasad () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 02:19:13 +0000

Hi All,

     There is a line in nmap_service_probe file

# This lame version doesn't give a version number# Windows 2003match ftp m/^220[ -]Microsoft FTP Service\r\n/
p/Microsoft ftpd/ o/Windows/

The comment says Windows 2003 but the o/ tag says windows. Does it mean it identifies windows 2003(100%) or it
identifies just windows. The reason being when I connect to Windows 2003 and Windows XP machine to its ftp port I get
the same result. I have not tried on other Windows OSes. Can someone please clarify.

Thanks