Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Two patches against 4.22SOC6 (liblua modules in libexec and liblua cflags)

From: "Christoph J. Thompson" <cthompson () libertysurf fr>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:02:09 +0200

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 21:48:12 +0100
jah <jah () zadkiel plus com> wrote:

I'd quite like to have a go at building nmap on XP with your patches
applied as I've only recently got all the UMIT dependencies sorted
out...

I've got tortoiseSVN installed and I've got a WC of
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap.
I assumed I could apply the patches to this WC, but there's trouble.
Probably only little trouble.  Tortoise merge doesn't seem to like
the patches because they don't have (an) index line)s(.  I can't find
a way to force it to see that it's a -u diff.  I haven't yet found
anything that will convert the patch and I am not confident I can
reproduce the Index lines because I don't really understand which
files are being patched.

Anyone know if/where I'm going wrong?  Can you output the patches
with the Index lines Christoph?

jah

I did the patches with diff -r -u -N, I'll try with 'svn diff' see if this works for you. Meanwhile I've done another
unified diff of the libexec patch which should be even better for Windows.