Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: build svn nmap on mswin32 under cygwin

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () univie ac at>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 10:01:30 +0100

Actually I am rather fond of nmap requiring VS. I have had to do some
windows specific development for nmap and I did it on a windows
machine. Developing with VS is much more comfortable  than anything
cygwin can offer. Dropping the VS dependency would mean making the
development of windows specific nmap code even more tiresome than it
already is. If you don't like VS you are probably not one of the
people doing windows nmap development so you can just use the Makefile
with the express version of VS. But if you replace the windows build
system, there's no way for developers to use a decent IDE even if they
wanted to.

just my 0.02EUR

cheers,
Diman