Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: build svn nmap on mswin32 under cygwin

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:26:26 -0800

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 03:35:45AM +0000, jah wrote:
It would be great if instructions for compiling nmap under cygwin on
win32 were maintained, I'm sure there are windows users out there who
would love to stay abreast of the latest developments in the coolest
network tool on earth!

Thanks Jah.  Your nselib-bin patch was independently done by David,
and I have now applied your copy_and_compile.bat patch.  Please keep
us informed of your progress in getting it all to work with Cygwin.
While it is a shame that compilation currently requires Visual Studio
on Windows, it is nice that it now works on the free version and we
also have a Makefile in mswin32 which lets you compile without
actually having to open that application.

Cheers,
-F