Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: nmap exploits / nukes / crashes Minolta Dialta Printers

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:26:30 -0700

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 09:35:13AM +0800 or thereabouts, Jacob Jarick wrote:
Yes they are pretty fragile, I provide helpdesk support for the konica
minolta line of printers. The most common solution for most non user
errors is to power cycle the machine. Did I read your post wrong or
does some of the konica minolta line have telnet ? as that was what
prompted me originaly to start nmaping the different printers (looking
for a sane way to automate some configuration).

Yes, it looks like at least the KM Magicolor 2300 DL has it. Here
is the line from the probes file:

match telnet m|^\xff\xfb\x01\r\n-> GET / HTTP/1\.0\r\nGET / HTTP/1\.0\r\nundefined symbol: GET\r\n-> \r\n-> | p/Konica
Minolta Magicolor 2300 DL printer telnetd/ d/printer/

If you know for sure that this printer does not have telnet
config (and it sounds like you might) then feel free to submit
a DB correction:

http://insecure.org/cgi-bin/submit.cgi?corr-service

Best,

Doug