Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fwd: nmap exploits / nukes / crashes Minolta Dialta Printers

From: "Jacob Jarick" <mem.namefix () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:40:44 +0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacob Jarick <mem.namefix () gmail com>
Date: Sep 7, 2007 3:15 PM
Subject: nmap exploits / nukes / crashes Minolta Dialta Printers
To: nmap-hackers () insecure org

Version: win32, Nmap 4.22SOC6

I was testing out nmap today on various multifunction printer devices
today (mainly curious to see which ones are using linux) and in the
process I managed to nuke 2 off our printers.

I must say - I found it funny as.

The Cause:

nmap -v -O <printer ip>

The Result:

printer does not spool any jobs, but responds to ping etc

The Fix:

Power printer off and on

Only 2 of these old dialta printers available at work to test but both
had same problem / feature.

Minolta Dialta Di552
Minolta Dialta Di200

If anyone else has access to these printer brands I would be
interested to hear your results. When I get some more free time I
shall see what other Multifunction devices die when OS fingerprinting
them via nmap. I imagine its because these printers