Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap Problem - Windows

From: "li bo" <libo.swust () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:22:02 +0800

Hi,
As I know, nmap needs to run on "command" window. So, if you open a command
prompt windows, you can run nmap successfully.

Good luck!

Bo

On 13/06/07, Tom Owen <the.ex.parrot () gmail com> wrote:

I have downloaded Nmap version 4.20 and have the latest winpcap on my
Windows 2000.  When I click on the nmap icon (with the giant eyeball) in
my
c drive, it opens up the command prompt, scrolls through what I guess is
the
starting help/readme text, and closes.  This whole process takes less than
two seconds.  So, while I have all the necessary "equipment", and can even
get it to open up, it closes before I can do anything.  I've also tried
running it from the command prompt, but that doesn't work either.

Oh well - if it doesn't work, I guess this gives me another excuse to
switch
to Linux :)  Btw, Nmap looked cool in the second Matrix movie.

Thanks in advance!

--
No pains,no gains.