Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.20 on Mac OS X

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:32:48 -0800

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 07:37:29PM -0800, Kurt Grutzmacher wrote:
Success!  Looks like MACOSX still doesn't do pcap descriptors well (or
at all).  Initial fix to get things working is to not use the
select(pcap_descriptor) call.

Great!  Thanks for testing.  Would you (or someone else with OS X) try
with this attached patch (against 4.20A11) and let us know if it fixes
the problem?

Sorry it took me so long.  I've been working on that Nmap Public
Source License, which took a long time.  That was party because
licenses are very important to get right (it may be too late to fix
bugs once you find them), but mostly because license writing is so
boring that I kept procrastinating :).

Cheers,
-F