Nmap Development mailing list archives

Google SoC ideas

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:00:21 -0700

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to announce that the Google Summer of Code program has
accepted Nmap into the program again.  As with last year, they will be
sponsoring college and graduate students to work on cool Nmap related
projects.  Last year they sponsored 10 students, and you can read
about some of their successes here:

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=183143&cid=15133184

Now I'm developing project ideas for the new students this summer.
You can read the project ideas from last year here:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/GoogleGrants.html

I may also add some of the ideas from the (now closed) Nmap user
survey:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/survey.html (scroll down for project ideas)

But if you guys have any other great ideas for enhancing Nmap
(including new tools that might complement it), please post them here.
Maybe we can get them done this summer.

And any college students on this list should keep this opportunity in
mind if you have the Sumer free.

Cheers,
-F