Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 3.95 Preview

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 01:13:10 -0800

Nmap Developers,

I just built what I hope to soon release as Nmap 3.95.  If you get a
chance in the next 8 or 9 hours, please give it a try and let me know
if you find any problems.  If there is no bad news by Thursday morning
(California time), I'll notify the 30,317 nmap-hackers of the release.
I've built a version for just about everyone:

http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95.tar.bz2
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95.tgz
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95-win32.zip
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95-1.src.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-frontend-3.95-1.i386.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-3.95-1.x86_64.rpm
http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-frontend-3.95-1.x86_64.rpm

Crypto sigs are in the usual place:
  http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/sigs/?C=M&O=D

These are the changes since ALPHA3:

o Fixed a crash in IPID Idle scan.  Thanks to Ron
  (iago(a)valhallalegends.com>, Bakeman (bakeman(a)physics.unr.edu),
  and others for reporting the problem.

o Fixed an inefficiency in RPC scan that could slow things down and
  also sometimes resulted in the spurious warning message: "Unable to
  find listening socket in get_rpc_results"

o Fixed a 3.94ALPHA3 bug that caused UDP scan results to be listed as
  TCP ports instead.  Thanks to Justin M Cacak (jcacak(a)nebraska.edu)
  for reporting the problem.

Cheers,
Fyodor