Nmap Development mailing list archives

Asynchronous DNS Patch

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:40:15 -0800

Hello nmap-dev,

Just letting anyone interested know that I'm working on an asychronous reverse DNS patch to improve nmap's performance
in large scans. I've gotten some good results so far: sometimes as fast as a 30 fold improvement in the DNS portion.

You can download the patch against nmap-3.94ALPHA1 here:

http://www.hcsw.org/nmap/

There's unfortunatley some windows bugs. I would be very appreciative if somebody would test my windows binary I have
available on my site.

Testing on unix platforms would also be appreciative. Keep in mind the patch is still in heavy development and I would
love to hear your comments!

Doug Hoyte