Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Cross compiling nmap

From: Andy Smith <wasmith32 () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 06:37:19 -0500

I am not familiar with the MIPS tool chain but I know that the ARM tool chain is picky about endianness. That may just be a GCC thing when cross compiling I suppose. A good guide for setting up the environment for a cross compile gcc tool chain is at:

http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/common

I would look at the cross-configure.sh and cross-make.sh scripts in particular. The scripts were written to accommodate MinGW, a gcc implementation that produces Windows binaries, but should give you and idea of what needs to be done for MIPS I would think. I have used modified versions of the MinGW scripts to compile both ARM and Windows executables on Linux with good results.

Regards,
Andy

John E. Mayorga wrote:
Dear sirs,

I had a cross compiling question that Fyodor suggested
that I send to this list. I have google and asked
other programmer buddies to no avail.

I am attempting to compile nmap for Linux on the MIPS
processor from my Athlon box running Gentoo. I have
used crosstool on my Gentoo Athlon box, a cross
compiling toolchain script to create the compiler and
toolchain for MIPS, but there is no documentation as
to how to compile using it. Are there switches to
throw at ./configure? I think there are some
environment changes I need to make. I'm left
clueless...

Thank you in advace,

John E. Mayorga