Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: How do YOU use Nmap XML?

From: "Sean Warnock" <swarnock () warnocksolutions com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:25:19 -0800

        Well I am relatively new to the community Nmap.  I am also a
Windows admin.  Doesn't this sound like an AA meating ;).  I find the
XML format is my preferred file output format.  I can use the XML format
as a simple way of just view a class C network scan in a web browser.  I
actually find this output is easier to read as compared to StdOut.  I
have not become very advanced with Nmap output but I have used an
unnamed spreadsheet program to sort the data.  XML imports quite easily
into a couple of the spreadsheet applications out there.  Finally, the
programming and scripting that I do has been done with Microsoft tools.
MS has done a poor job of documenting there RegEx implementation however
there XML documentation is very good.  Hope this provides a little
insight into the newbie use of XML output.

Sean